RR™ / TR™ view ("double-R" = remote reality, or TR : tele-reality; trademarks of Gabor Nagy).
- VisoR1™ HMD (prototype) - A project under my robotics company:
Patent pending design.
- LCD version: resolution 1280x1440 per eye @ 60Hz
- OLED version: resolution 1200x1080 per eye @ 60Hz or 90Hz
- High-end achromatic optics, made in Japan - no need for software chromatic aberration correction -> better effective resolution!
- Highest effective resolution in class (no wasted pixels, unlike competitors).
- Single, off-the shelf cable (HDMI "mini") for video, audio, USB and power! Using patent-pending custom adaptor.
- Modular. Body length adjustable for different FOV lenses (middle section removable). Different tracker options.
- Adjustable focus and IPD.
- Flip-up design makes it easy and safe to pick up controllers etc. No stumbling around "blindly".
- Electronic feedback for automatic software adjustment.
- 6-DOF Magnetic tracking with no line-of-sight limitation and multiple sensors (full body tracking)
- Plug and plaw with EQUINOX-3D!. You can see your 3D scene / CAD design in VR!
This is what the user sees through our robot's eyes (3D stereo from 2 cameras + 3D HUD).
(Actual screenshot from the HMD. Click image for higher resolution).
The pitch ladder, bank indicator, attitude ball and compass, are functional, live instruments.
The image with the red circle is a placeholder pic from the Web.
Note that the image has no chromatic aberration correction, as our HMD doesn't require it.
So, if you view it in a consumer HMD, you may see color artifacts and distortion, due to the poor quality optics in those devices.
We are working on precise camera calibration that will eliminate the slight color differences between the left and right views.
© 2016-2017 By Gabor Nagy